Although I love my parents dearly, I’m going to skip this week’s theme of 10 Things My Parents Did Right and do last week’s 10 People Living or Dead You Would Invite to a Dinner Party instead.
Why? Because I totally had that one all ready, but circumstances – as in my Father-In-Law got admitted to the ICU and is still there – have kept me busy keeping down the fort. With my husband and his siblings taking turns with hospital visits and having numerous text messages and email exchanges all week, I’ve had to watch not just my own, but my in-laws’ kids as well.
Not fair? I thought so too. But, I figure it was for a good cause. I couldn’t go to the hospital because my kids are too little, so I was “available” to babysit at last minute. Yes, I’m a busy SAHM and these people don’t really totally get that, but hey, at least I’m moving up my status in the family by helping out, big time!
Win, win. Don’t you agree?
Monday Listicles time.
10 People Living Or Dead You Would Invite To A Dinner Party
1. Michael Jordan - My favorite athlete of all time. ‘Nuff said.
2. Emily Dickinson - To bring a little nostalgia into our conversations.
3. Blessed Pope John Paul II the Great - Just his title prompts invitations to all kinds of events. Plus, he’s been to 129 countries, met practically everyone important, wrote books, spoke 12 foreign languages, pretty much ended Communism in Poland (& eventually, Europe), survived an assassination, and led the Catholic people of the world for almost 27 years! We will never have to worry about what to talk about when he’s around!
4. Mother Teresa - I need a lesson in humility.
5. Abraham Lincoln - I want to know if he really fought against vampires and zombies.
6. Ingvar Kamprad - Founder of IKEA. Honestly, I just wanna be his friend so I can get free IKEA stuff. I
need want should redecorate.
7. Giada de Laurentiis - It’s a dinner party. Someone has to cook. What? Didya think it was gonna be me?
8. Mary, Mother of God - Motherhood role model. I need some advice in the mothering department too.
9. The Goo Goo Dolls - Obviously, we’ll need some entertainment. They are my favorite band of all time!
10. Deborah Carroll - For the kids. She can make sure my guests all think I have angels for kids. And if she wasn’t available, any one of the Nanny 911 crew will do.