It’s been a while since I’ve done a listicle, not because I didn’t want to, but because I haven’t had much time to do anything else. In case you haven’t heard, I’m behind in homeschooling and have sacrificed nap time in an attempt to finish before summer passes us by…
Anywho, I’m taking a little breather here to join up Stasha and spend some imaginary cash. Let’s just say that I need to satisfy my shopping needs somehow!
Seriously though Stasha, I only get a thousand? I could spend this in one transaction… I just looked it up. $932 will get me ONE round-trip to ticket to Hawaii. The rest of the #68? Those will probably be spent on stupid “Baggage Fees” and other airport/airline taxes.
But I’m going to make this fun and pretend that I took the $1000 you gave me, bought a a magic seed, and grew my very own money tree! And to give my self a limit, this money only gives fruit to ONE $1000 bill a day, for 10 days. Sound good?
So, with a $1000 a day (imaginary) allowance for a week and 3 days, here is what I’ll be [pretending to] spend it on:
1. I’d get two Samsung Galaxy Note Smartphones. White for me, Blue for The Hubs. Why? Because supposedly, “It empowers you with everything you can ever desire so that you can simply, feel free.” Who wouldn’t want their desires fulfilled? For just a thousand dollars!
2. Finally own a treadmill. I can run without having to push a stroller. I can run while the kids are napping (WHEN I get naptimes back). I can blog while running. I can watch a Korean Drama show while running without danger of becoming roadkill. What other reasons do you want? Oh, and I want to rock the whole sports bra top and running shorts look – without hurting other people’s eyes…
3. Shop at a “high end” store. When I go shopping, I look for sales. For once, I want to go into an expensive store and pick whatever I want!
4. All day fine dining in Las Vegas. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, snacks… Just me and the hubs. Eating all day. What will we do in between meals? Just me and the hubs. In Vegas. That’s all I’m sayin’.
5. Get the hubs a Taylor 12-string electric/acoustic guitar. I love hearing him play and sing. This would make him go absolutely nuts with happiness! Happy husband = advantage for the wifey in sooooo many different levels……er….I mean, it’s cuz I love the man, K?
6. Shopping spree for the kids at Toys-R-Us. What? Did you really think I’d forget about them?
7. Go camping. I’d get all the equipment we need and head for the mountains. The last time I went camping, I wasn’t even married yet! I’d really like for my children to experience it. They need to know what NATURE, God’s wonderful creation, truly is.
8. Get a Coach purse (or two). Too materialistic? Aww, c’mon…this is MY fantasy! Besides, I’d like to own at least one in my lifetime – even if only an imaginary one. :(
9. Buy a PlayStation 3 + Games + Accessories (with warranty). I had one. It died. So I want another one with a super-extended warranty. My PS3 games have been gathering dust for far too long and I’m totally out of the video game loop that it’s embarassing…if I was talking to another gamer, that is.
10. Fly to the “Pacific Northwest” to meet the beautiful Stasha, super adorable Little J, & her famous dog Big M. I’d get pictures taken with them, have them autograph said pictures, visit all the places Stasha has posted on Instagram, go horseback riding with Stasha along the beach, drink a cuppa while eating chocolate truffles, and (if she’s not too busy) get as much photography advise from Stasha as I can get! (No, I promise I’m not a stalker. Really!)
WHEW! Thanks Stasha, for letting me splurge a little. I’m sure my husband (and his wallet) thanks you for letting me get all that shopping urge out of my system. :)